If you live in Onondaga County, New York, and are trying to locate a SNAP (Food Stamps) office, we can help. You can visit one of the Food Stamps Offices in Onondaga County, NY (Department of Social Services) to get help with the following:
- Apply for New York Public Assistance benefits in person
- Check the Status of a New York Benefits Application
- Renew/recertify your benefits
- Go for a Benefits Interview Appointment
- Order a Replacement EBT Card
- Get help with your New York Public Assistance benefits
Onondaga County SNAP offices are run by the Department of Social Services.
We have provided the full list of Food Stamps Office in Onondaga County, NY below.
In addition, we have also included a list of community-based organizations that provide SNAP services.
For each of the Onondaga County SNAP offices listed below, we have included the address, phone number, and hours of operation.
Furthermore, we have provided below a list of frequently asked questions that New York SNAP applicants call their local SNAP offices for.
Read through the questions and see if you can save yourself time by getting your question answered here.
That way, you don’t have to visit or call your New York SNAP office for help.
If you would rather apply for SNAP online, see our post on Food Stamps Eligibility in New York.
To locate a SNAP Food Stamps Office in Onondaga County near you, keep reading below.
Food Stamps Office in Onondaga County, NY
Below is a list of all SNAP office locations in Onondaga County, New York. In addition, we have listed community-based organizations that also offer SNAP services.
Onondaga County Department of Social Services
421 Montgomery Street
Syracuse NY 13202
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM
Phone Number for Onondaga County DSS (Food Stamps Office)
Here’s the phone number to call to reach the food stamps office (DSS Office):
Call Center: (315) 435-2700
SNAP Applications Fax: 315-435-3599
New York SNAP FAQs
Here are the most frequently asked questions about New York SNAP (Food Stamps):
What documents will I need to provide to Apply for New York SNAP?
Here are the documents usually required to get New York City SNAP:
- A copy of your ID
- Proof of any income from the last 30 days
- Proof of student status (for college students)
In addition, immigrants may also be asked to provide:
- A copy of your green card
- A copy of your most recent paperwork for a U Visa, T Visa, asylum, refugee or parolee status, or a Violence Against Women Act petition
- Naturalized U.S. citizens may be asked to provide a copy of their U.S. passport or naturalization documents.
However, if you are applying only for other people in your household, you do not have to provide proof of your immigration status.
Furthermore, your New York City SNAP benefit amount may be increased if you can provide proof of:
- Housing expenses
- Child support paid
- Child/dependent care paid
- Medical expenses if you are 60+ or disabled
What is the Income Limit for New York SNAP?
Here are the SNAP income limits for New York for 2022-2023 grouped by household types.
|SNAP Income Eligibility Standards for Fiscal Year 2023|
|Effective October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023|
|Household Size||The Maximum Gross Monthly Income for Households with an Elderly or Disabled Member and Households with Dependent Care Expenses (200% of FPL)||Maximum Gross Monthly Income for Households with earned income – no elderly or disabled member (150% of FPL)||Maximum Gross Monthly Income for Households without Earned Income (no elderly or disabled member – (130% of FPL)||Monthly Net Income (100% of FPL)|
|Each Additional Household Member: Add||$787||$590||$512||$394|
How do I Apply for New York Food Stamps?
There are four ways you can apply for SNAP in New York:
1. Apply Online
Apply for New York food stamps online through the mybenefits.ny.gov website.
In addition, you can check your eligibility for more than 20 state programs on the myBenefits NY website.
Select your county of residence from the dropdown menu and you will be taken to the page to apply.
2. Apply Over the Phone
3. Print Out the Application and Mail/Fax it In.
4. Apply in Person
What are New York Food Stamps Work Requirements?
Below is a summary of the SNAP work requirements in the state of New York:
All SNAP recipients ages 16 to 59 are required to work, unless they meet at least one of these conditions:
- Responsible for the care of a child under age six;
- Unable to work due to a physical or mental health condition;
- Needed to provide care for an incapacitated individual; or
- Applying for or receiving unemployment insurance benefits; or
- A student enrolled at least half time in school, a training program, or an institution of higher education; or
- A regular participant in a drug addiction or alcoholic treatment or rehabilitation program.
- Employed or self-employed 30 or more hours per week or earning at least the equivalent of 30 times the federal minimum wage on a weekly basis.
Can you use New York EBT on Instacart?
Yes, you can use the New York SNAP EBT card to shop at select groceries stores using Instacart.
Below is the list of grocery stores in New York that accept SNAP EBT cards using Instacart.
- Price Rite
Can I get New York SNAP right away?
If your household has little or no money and needs help right away, you may qualify for “expedited” SNAP.
To be eligible for “expedited” SNAP, you and members of your household must meet one of the following categories:
- Your household has $100 or less in liquid resources and less than $150 in gross monthly income.
Liquid resources are money that is available to you, such as:
- Cash on hand
- Bank accounts
- Savings certificates
- Lump-sum payments (tax refunds, retroactive lump-sum Social Security, SSI, or Public Assistance payments)
- You are a migrant or seasonal farmworker without money or resources.
- Together, your monthly income and liquid resources are less than the total of your monthly rent or mortgage and heating costs and utilities (electricity, telephone, and water).
If you do qualify, you must receive your initial SNAP benefit within 5 days.
However, you will still have to complete the New York SNAP eligibility process and supply the requested documentation at a later date.
Food Stamps Office in Onondaga County NY Summary
We hope this post on SNAP Food Stamps Center in Onondaga County NY was helpful.
If you have further questions about the New York SNAP or New York EBT Card, please let us know in the comments section below.
Be sure to check out our other articles about New York SNAP and New York EBT, including: